If you are looking to rent a property in Cardiff, Cardiff Bay, Penarth or the Vale of Glamorgan then we have a wide range of different properties available to suit every budget. From studio apartments in Cardiff Bay to large houses in Wenvoe and north Cardiff, we can provide accommodation to let across Dinas Powys, Llandough, Sully, Barry and beyond. Our website is updated daily so you can always search for the latest properties here. Below is some general information for tenants. If you are considering renting out your property and you would like a free, no obligation lettings valuation please click here.
- Always check your agent to make sure they are licensed with Rent Smart Wales. You can contact Rent Smart Wales on 03000 133344
- Prospective tenants must complete an application form providing information necessary to conduct a credit check.
- Prospective tenants must provide the following documentation: financial reference i.e. employment reference, utility bill or bank statement confirming current address, photo identification.
- Payment of a deposit will secure a property for a maximum of one calendar month. For information on tenancy administration fees, please Click here
- A standard tenancy agreement is for a period of six months. Beyond this, tenants and landlords may wish to sign another fixed term tenancy agreement to ensure a fixed period at the property. If the tenancy continues on a monthly rolling contract, (a periodic tenancy), the tenancy will continue until either tenant or landlord gives notice to quit. If the Landlord wishes to end the tenancy, they must give two months’ notice to coincide with the rent due date. If the tenant wishes to end the tenancy, they must give one months’ notice to coincide with the rent due date.
- On commencement of the tenancy the bond will be held in the Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS). This is one of three government schemes that moderate disputes between landlords and tenants at the end of the tenancy. It is a legal requirement for landlords and managing agents to place all bonds with either “TDS”, “The Deposit Protection Service (DPS)”, or “My Deposits”.
- Rent must be paid every month on the anniversary of the commencement of the tenancy.
- Tenants are responsible for all utility bills i.e. council tax, gas, electric and water, unless otherwise stated. Find out the council tax band and then look up the charges for Cardiff Council or Vale of Glamorgan Council.
- The landlord is responsible for paying any service charges and/or block management fees.
- The majority of rental properties are fully managed by ACJ Properties so any problems such as maintenance should be reported to us. Tenants of properties that are managed by their landlords will deal directly with each other once the tenancy has commenced. These tenancies are referred to as “Let only”.
- We recommend that you have contents insurance to cover your own belongings. You may also wish to take out tenants liability cover, which will protect against accidental damage to the Landlords fixtures and fittings which you are responsible for under the tenancy. Our referencing provider, Rentshield are able to offer these products to you. You will be asked if you would like a quote for insurance when you complete your reference application.